Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Megan A Staton
Dr. Megan A Staton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in South Portland, ME. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Staton is affiliated with Maine Medical Center and Mercy Hospital State Street Campus. Dr. Staton has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Megan A Staton has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Megan A Staton has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Megan A Staton has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Megan A Staton is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
This doctor refused to take my mother's persistent cough and breathing problems seriously, and after over a year of complaint, never even ordered an X-ray. After finally seeing a pulmonary specialist and diagnosed with cancer, she told my mother that the year wait "wouldnt have made any difference'. She then actually yelled at my mother over the phone and refused to provide information to another doctor's office. I would not recommend putting a loved one in her hands.
Megan is my primary care doctor, and I chose her as my OB when I found out I was pregnant. She is now also my daughter's pediatrician. I could not ask for more from her! She is always kind and easy to talk to, and takes as much time as you need to ask questions or just talk to her. Her advice is always helpful and sets your mind at ease. Aside from making you feel comfortable, she is also an excellent doctor. You will feel safe in her hands.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Staton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 2002
Maine Medical Center
Dr. Megan A Staton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIntermed Imaging, 100 Foden Rd, South Portland, ME
Dr. Megan A Staton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Portland, ME.