The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Megan M Wood has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Dr. Megan M Wood has the following 21 expertise
- Wrist Fracture (Colles Fracture)
- Wrist Injury
- Sports Injuries
- De Quervain Disease
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Elbow Neuropathy (Ulnar Neuropathies)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Tennis Elbow
- Extra finger or toe (Polydactyly)
- Open Fractures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Elbow Injuries
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Elbow Nerve Compression Syndrome (Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes)
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Finger Injuries
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
Dr. Megan M Wood is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Very professional, extremely knowledgeable, and does not rush you --spends the time you need to answer your questions.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Megan M Wood - Posted on June 7th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Megan M Wood - Posted on August 29th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Megan M Wood - Posted on February 21st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Megan M Wood - Posted on September 11th, 2014
Dr. Wood was very clear when explaining my problem. She took the time to show me what my x-rays showed and ensured I understood it. Unlike with many other Dr, i never felt rushed, which I really appreciate. She is a true professional and has a great staff, like Nicole White, her occupational therapist that i visited twice already and was great. Within two sessions, I am already seeing significant improvement in my finger. THANK YOU!
Best hand doctor ever!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Megan M Wood - Posted on June 4th, 2012
I have been to her for three separate wrist breaks. She has done two surgeries on me. I have full mobility in one wrist, and had my last surgery less than three weeks ago and already have very good mobility. I have always gotten right in with really no wait time. I would never let any other doctor treat my wrist.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2012, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2018, 2016, 2012, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Megan M Wood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Megan M Wood
For more information, please visit: www.dallashandcenter.com
Locations & DirectionsNORTH DALLAS HAND CENTER, 7777 Forest Ln Ste C425, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Megan M Wood, MD - Surgery of the Hand in Dallas, TX, in this video.
Dr. Megan M Wood is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dallas, TX.