Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Meghana Sathe
Dr. Meghana Sathe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Gastroenterology and Pediatrics. Dr. Sathe is affiliated with Children's Health Andrews Institute, Children's Medical Center of Dallas and UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul. She speaks English.
Dr. Meghana Sathe has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Nutritional Support
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Meg. Sathe performed outpatient surgery on our son today at Children's Hospital in Dallas. She was not only caring and kind, but also professional and very helpful in fully answering all of our questions and easing our concerns. She completed the procedure (removing a stuck penny from our son's stomach) without any complications and very efficiently. Her office staff was equally helpful and outstanding in returning phone calls and answering any questions we had. We truly feel blessed that Dr. Sathe was his doctor! She is absolutely an exemplary physician!
Dr. Sathe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Health Andrews Institute
Children's Medical Center of Dallas
UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
Parkland Health & Hospital System
Children's Medical Center of Dallas
UT Southwestern St Paul Hospital
13 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Dr. Meghana Sathe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChildren's Medical Center of Dallas, 1935 Medical District Dr, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Meghana Sathe in this video.
Dr. Meghana Sathe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.