Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mehar M Iqbal
Dr. Mehar M Iqbal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Palma, CA, with another office in La Palma, CA. She has 47 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Iqbal is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and Mission Hospital Laguna Beach. She speaks English.
Dr. Mehar M Iqbal has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mehar M Iqbal has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
I called for my first well women visit and was told by the RUDE receptionist that the doctor only sees sick patients. She told me go see a OB/GYN. I finally convinced her to make me an appointment. When I went for my visit, I waited well over an hour. There were 3 women that came after me, that were seen before me. I felt I was treated unfairly because of the insurance I had. They made me feel ashamed. Every time I call in, the receptionist is always ready to argue with you. I asked the receptionist for a new authorization because the doctor that I was going to see isn't accepting my insurance. She replied, "There aren't many doctors accepting your insurance and laughed". First impression means everything. This experience was absolutely horrible. I DO NOT RECOMMEND..
The staff is incompetent. Told me that my mother was not in the system. Turns out that they had inputted the name backwards. The first and the Last name was switched. Then they proceed to tell me that I cannot make an appointment for her because she has stated that she has changed her primary physician. We have not done such a thing. I do not know where she is coming from. Because my mother does not speak english well, I would be the only one to speak for her. Next she just tells us that they are booked for that day. No alternatives are offered. I have to ask for specific days. Nothing, for some reason. She just blows us off and says that we should go to the emergency room if we are that hurried. OKAY. If you are the primary physician on my insurance, WHY should I have to go straight to the emergency room? Ridiculous. I am changing my physician and never coming again.
Absolutely worthless for diagnosing and follow up. Has virtually no staff.
Dr. Iqbal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Mehar M Iqbal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mehar M Iqbal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Palma, CA.