Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mehdi Hemmat
Dr. Mehdi Hemmat, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Pedro, CA. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Hemmat is affiliated with Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance, Torrance Memorial Medical Center and Little Company Of Mary San Pedro Hospital. Dr. Hemmat has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mehdi Hemmat has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Laser Surgery
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hot Flashes
- Urinary Incontinence
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I have been a patient of Dr. Hemmat's for the last 20 years. Initially I had gone to Dr. Hemmat regarding painful medical problems and he took the time to listen and treat me. He has delivered all 3 of my children, as well as, family and friends and is like part of the family to me and my husband. He has always taken time to answer any questions and concerns for procedures I have had. I have always recommended him to friends and family.
Dr. Medhi Hemmat is family. Courtesy, welcoming, and professional. I thought I could not have kids until I met him. He is honest and will take the time to explain everything. To hear that I can conceive and have children was very promising. My husband and I have four beautiful children, three boys and a girl; ages 12, 8, 6, and 17 months old. We are ever so grateful for Dr. Hemmat. We adore him so much. I don't know what I am going to do when he retires. He is family. Thank you so much Dr. Medhi Hemmat. We love so much!
Although the doctor is nice during the appointment his follow-up is terrible. I was told by his office his nurse would call me to discuss my results, I called for a month and they never got back to me. After a month consisting of promises that either his nurse or he would discuss my tests only to call and find out his office was closed I switched doctors. I would NOT suggest him.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Hemmat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Francis Hospital
Dr. Mehdi Hemmat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Ob/Gyn Medical Corp, 621 S Butte St, San Pedro, CA
Dr. Mehdi Hemmat is similar to the following 0 Doctors near San Pedro, CA.