Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mehrdad M Aghai
Dr. Mehrdad M Aghai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gardena, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Aghai is affiliated with California Hospital Medical Center, Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance and Torrance Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Aghai has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Mehrdad M Aghai has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Mehrdad M Aghai has the following 10 expertise
- Vision Issues
- Eye Pain
- Macular Degeneration
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
Dr. Mehrdad M Aghai is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 12
Dr. Aghai is knowledgeable and personable. He does spend time with you to explain what is going on. However, the wait time is over the top! The first time I waited 45 minutes in the Hawthorne office. I was told he was in surgery that lasted longer than anticipate. Ok, I went with that. My next appointment was in the Gardena office. I arrived in time for my 3:30 appointment and finally got in to see him at 5:30. I was told it was a Monday and he was seeing a lot of patients. If I hadn't already paid my copay I would have left. I don't intend to return as my time is valuable and there are other good doctors out there.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Aghai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Mehrdad M Aghai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & DirectionsCENTURY EYE CARE MEDICAL CENTER, 1141 W Redondo Beach Blvd Ste 101, Gardena, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mehrdad M Aghai, MD - Ophthalmology in Gardena, CA, in this video.
Dr. Mehrdad M Aghai is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gardena, CA.