Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mehrdad Golzad has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Vestibular Diseases
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 11
I went to him with multiple symptoms of neuro lyme, including seizure-like episodes, and he treated me like a psych case, telling me I let my anxiety control me, and that I should consider tranquilizers. Thankfully a paramedic picked up on my symptoms as Lyme Disease, and I was able to find a good doctor who specializes in Lyme and related infections.
staff is very unfriendly, unwilling to talk to you. Doctor does NOT care about the patient. he has no interest in your health. he sends in a medical student to perform a medical exam on the patients without any supervision. the student did not introduce herself, and when i asked her for who she is, she stated that she is Dr. "XYZ" and when i asked her for her specialty, only then she told me that she is a medical student. She hit me with the diagnostic hammer directly on my nerve that she caused me severe pain that lasted for a few months before it had resolved. the doctor came 20 minutes after the medical student left the room.. he was very arrogant and brushed me off and didn't even ask me for the reason of my visit. very unprofessional!!!!!!! save your time and find another doctor.
Dr. Golzad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Faculte De Medicine Pierre Et Marie Curie
Graduated in 1991
Graduate Hospital Tenet Health
Dr. Mehrdad Golzad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFresh Meadows Professional Blg, 9131 Queens Blvd, Elmhurst, NY
Dr. Mehrdad Golzad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elmhurst, NY.