Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mehrdad Salamat
Dr. Mehrdad Salamat, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Corpus Christi, TX. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Salamat is affiliated with Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial. Dr. Salamat has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mehrdad Salamat has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Ectopic Atrial Tachycardia
- Mucocutaneous Lymph Node Syndrome (Kawasaki Disease)
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Sick Sinus Syndrome
- Aortic Valve Prolapse
- Atrioventricular Nodal Reentry Tachycardia
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
- Tricuspid Valve Insufficiency
- Down Syndrome
- Heart Murmurs
- Williams Syndrome
- Atrial Premature Complexes
- Tricuspid Atresia
- Pulmonary Valve Insufficiency
- Atrioventricular Block
- Pulmonary Valve Stenosis
- Ventricular Premature Complexes
- Turner Syndrome
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Aortic Coarctation
- Marfan Syndrome
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Paroxysmal Tachycardia
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Ectopic Junctional Tachycardia
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Rapid Heart Beat (Tachycardia)
- Noonan Syndrome
- Right Ventricular Dysfunction
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Atrial Flutter
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Salamat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg
Graduated in 1987
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Mehrdad Salamat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMehrdad Salamat Md, 5802 Saratoga Blvd Ste 320, Corpus Christi, TX
Dr. Mehrdad Salamat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Corpus Christi, TX.