Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mehrdad Vosoghi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 15
My father was in the hospital for an intestinal problem which required a colonscopy. Prior to the colonoscopy, we never met the doctor. After the surgery we did not see the doctor. Who is he? After my father was discharged from the hospital, I called the doctors office for a follow up appointment to inquire regarding the results of the colonoscopy. Never returned my call nor did he inform my fathers primary care doctor of any results. My father is 88 years old and has multiple medical problems. Very poor doctor care. If I could put Zero on the rating I would. Giving this doctor one star is a stretch.
The office called me the day before my first appointment to reschedule the time to one hour earlier. I agreed, but they kept me waiting that whole hour anyway. Called once regarding illness but Dr. Vosoghi never returned the call. Called again to schedule a colonoscopy that was approved by my insurance, but again, no one ever called me back to schedule.
I went to him with classic symptoms of kidney stones. He ordered a CT scan. When he received the results of the scan from the radiology group which said there were no kidney stones, he had one of his staff call and tell me that I did not have stones and that I should contact my primary doctor for further advice. He took the written interpretation of the scan from the radiologist at face value without ever looking at the scan himself. My primary doctor had me pick up a CD of the scan from the radiology group and take it to a urologist he recommended. When the urologist looked at the actual scan, he confirmed that I did in fact have kidney stones. Dr. Vosoghi never looked at the scan himself. For this reason, I would never return to this doctor again or recommend him to others.
Dr. Vosoghi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Mehrdad Vosoghi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOlympia Medical Center, 5901 W Olympic Blvd Ste 300, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Mehrdad Vosoghi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.