Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Meijuan Yan has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Meijuan Yan has the following 18 expertise
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Weight Loss
- Thyroid Cancer
- Gland Issues
Dr. Meijuan Yan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
If you are seeing Dr. Zhang (aka:Yan), you are in GOOD hands! She has helped me rid my cancer, suggested an amazing surgeon (who then performed cancer surgery for a relative), and is determined to prevent the cancer from returning. She very genuinely cares how her patients feel on a daily basis. She is knowledgeable, and listens intently, finding answers to all questions, even if she cannot answer at the moment.
I started with Dr Elise Hardy originally, another young highly educated, sharp endo, 5 1/2 yrs ago. Since she left 2 yrs ago, I have been just as pleased with Dr Zhang! She is caring, very intelligent & takes the time to listen. The whole staff at the practice is awesome. I highly recommend their practice to any diabetics I meet, whether T1 or T2, pumpers or not.
Dr Zhang is a great doc, she really cares about his patients and listens. She isn't one to jump on the latest drugs but will find alternative ways of treating without drugs. She calls me at home occasionally to check on me and gives me great advice and recommendations when she can't help me. I trust her knowledge and caring. Though her English has little accent, she has great ways of talking with you and listening.
I know Dr. is young; however, she needs to practice up on how she asks her first questions when meeting with patients. Such as, "I don't know why your here today." Perhaps a better approach would be, "So tell me a little bit about why you might be here today." Much smoother, would not make me feel like okay, here we go again, another doctor who really doesn't have an interest in finding out what is going on with my body.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Yan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Meijuan Yan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDiabetes And Endocrinology, 2112 Harrisburg Pike Ste 200, Lancaster, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Meijuan Yan in this video.
Dr. Meijuan Yan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, PA.