Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Meko Y Porter has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Meko, as she is lovingly referred to in our family, is a beautiful, confident, and an exceptionally knowledgeable Neurologist. I am incredibly nervous when it comes to doctors, but the second she strolled into the room, I felt like I was kickin' it with my BFF. If you struggle with a chronic illness, you know that personable doctors are difficult to find. Dr. Meko sat with us for two hours, answered every question in detail, and she even took the time to talk with my wife about going into pediatric neurology (she's premed). When she offered medication, I explained to her what has worked in the past and she listened and even filled out a schedule, to slowly increase the dosage. She set me up with neurosurgery and answered all my questions pertaining to the surgeon himself, so I would know what to expect when I met with him. Nothing, and I do mean absolutely nothing, went unanswered. What I really love about Dr. Meko is that she isn't afraid to be real...she comes in and she recognizes your worth, not just as her patient, but as a human being. I promise you that if you take the time to go see her, you will leave there feeling empowered to conquer your illness. Medicine is there to help us heal, to get us to a place where we can practice and live in a vibration of wellness, and Dr. Meko Porter is there to guide you into that vibration.
I've seen at least a half dozen neurologists over the last 15 years, all respected and recommended by peers. Dr. Porter is the only one that listened carefully and discussed issues at length and never in a hurry. She is more than capable in her field and was never dismissive and always proactive. Quite contrary to a previous obnoxious and hateful review, Dr. Porter is pleasant, caring, confident and knowledgeable. I was seen within a few minutes of my actual appointment time on every visit. My wife attended every appointment with me and also felt she Dr. Porter was, by far, the best we had been to. Lastly, her treatment plan improved my quality of life.
This Dr has some sort of an inferiority complex and does not seem to be happy with the color of her skin, she is always angry and rude, and insulting to others. if she continues to do the same thing, we will call the hospital administration and notify the medical board, since she may need some sort of anger management classes, or be on medication.
Dr. Meko Y Porter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Meko Y Porter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indio, CA.