Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melanie C Austin has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Melanie C Austin has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Melanie C Austin has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 2 of 2
Hey June 8th 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melanie C Austin - Posted on October 17th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melanie C Austin - Posted on June 8th, 2016
Dr. Austin was extremely rude and unprofessional during our first visit with our son. Not only does she take a very long time to finally see you, but her attitude was very unpleasant, and she seemed to dismiss our questions about feeding and delaying our vaccination schedule -- simply to get more information. Absolutely would not recommend her. Least personable Doctor.
17 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
University Of Wisconsin
Dr. Melanie C Austin Accepts the Following Insurance
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Melanie C Austin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.