Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Melanie Fiorella
Melanie Fiorella, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Melanie Fiorella is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, Promise Hospital San Diego and UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest. She speaks Spanish.
Melanie Fiorella has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Melanie Fiorella has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Women's Health
Melanie Fiorella has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Melanie Fiorella is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
The doctor came in with an assistant and was pleasant. I went in for an annual check-up and GYN check-up. While I was there I asked a question about a Rash I had on my leg. I explained to the doctor that a friend had lent me an ointment for eczema and it was the only thing that helped but she took it back prior to the entire rash clearing up. She prescribed me something and I left. The question I asked took about 5 minutes. Weeks later I received a bill from the office. I am covered 100% for annual check-ups and preventative measures. Because I had asked a question I was being charged for two visits! I've called repeatedly and told them that they haven't coded the bill correctly. A question should only add on a fee not an entire visit. I couldn't believe how unethical they were and greedy. I am still working with my insurance and can only imagine how stressful someone with more complicated bills may be. They don't have your best interest in mind so be very careful and check your bills. They mis-code to gain the maximum in money from the insurance company. It's an unfortunate extra step but necessary if you don't want to get cheated. I'm still looking for a doctor who cares for their patients from beginning to end.
Fiorella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Promise Hospital San Diego
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
UC San Diego Health System
11 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Melanie Fiorella in this video.
Melanie Fiorella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.