Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melanie Israelovitch
Dr. Melanie Israelovitch, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Long Island City, NY. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. Dr. Israelovitch is affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division, St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division and Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division. She speaks English.
Dr. Melanie Israelovitch has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Israelovitch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Beth Israel Medical Center
11 Years Experience
Schulich School Of Medicine At The University Of Western Ontario
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Melanie Israelovitch accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions4140 27th St, Long Island City, NY
Dr. Melanie Israelovitch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Island City, NY.