Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melanie J Malec
Dr. Melanie J Malec, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chardon, OH, with other offices in Cleveland, OH and Cleveland, OH . She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Malec is affiliated with University Hospital Geauga Medical Center. Dr. Malec has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Melanie J Malec has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
Went to this dr for hip/leg pain. She told me I had a IT Band injury and a mood disorder and sent me away with Prozac!. I lived with level 7 pain in my hip and leg for 8 months, sleep was non existent for me during that time. I finally did some research on my own and went to see another Dr. He diagnosed me immediately with Piriformis Syndrome, gave me a cortisone injection that same day and the pain was gone immediately! Dr Malec did not care about my pain and acted like I was faking my pain. She made me feel like I was just wanting drugs, I wanted my pain to go away!! She even wrote in my chart that she is afraid she is not going to find anything medically wrong with me and that I have a mood disorder! If I did have a mood disorder it was because of my lack of sleep and chronic pain I lived with for 8 months! I have nothing good to say about this Dr.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Malec is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Melanie J Malec accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Melanie J Malec is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chardon, OH.