Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melanie A Ronai has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Have seem this doctor several times as the on call dr at my daughters pediatrician. I need to remember her name cause I always forget how not worth my time it is to go in. 1) she missed an ear infection in my daughter and I ended up back in the office just hours later where another doctor told me she wasn't sure how anyone could miss one this bad. 2) she doesn't listen. I told her multiple times about an allergy my daughter has and she just kept suggesting that same thing as a treatment. 3) she isn't even my pediatrician and I feel she over steps her bounds. I'm doing a delayed vaccination schedule with my kids and every time I go in she lectures me about my girls being behind on vaccines. It's not just a passing comment, it's a lecture. I know they're "behind" that's why it's called a DELAYED vaccination schedule. And I feel like I can take that up with her pediatrician during a well baby check rather that at 7pm when I'm there with a screaming baby. I would NEVER have her as my main doctor. She seems nice, wouldn't call her cold. But her interaction with the parents leaves something to be desired.
Horrible doctor! I'm the mother of an infant with severe GERD problems and weight gaining issues. I moved here from another state and was recommended to Dr. Ronai. Have to say, worst pediatrician I ever had. I went to her in need of help, as my baby was refusing food and not sleeping, screaming in pain. After waiting hours and explaining my situation to her, she basically told me "oh well, babies spit up" and refused to do anything to help me. She was cold and rude, and had no consideration for my infant. I called another office and was told that my baby should be seen right away and was referred to a GI who I'm seeing tomorrow. They are running tests and are shocked that Dr. Ronai did not recommend this for my daughter. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR, SHE IS AWFUL. I don't understand how she is practicing medicine, but I am going to take it up with the medical board.
Dr. Ronai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Melanie A Ronai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSalem Pediatric Clinic, 2478 13th St SE, Salem, OR
Dr. Melanie A Ronai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, OR.