More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melawati Yuwono
Dr. Melawati Yuwono, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tacoma, WA. Her specialties include Pediatric Gastroenterology and Pediatrics. Dr. Yuwono is affiliated with St Joseph Medical Center, Tacoma General Hospital and Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center. Dr. Yuwono has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Melawati Yuwono has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
My son has had reflux since birth. Pediatricians told us babies cry. Dr. Yuwono has been 2 steps ahead this whole process. He's now 15 months and still has reflux, due to constipation which she correctly guesses, diagnoses and fixes. She always takes our issues seriously, she's always willing to treat him without medicine first, if that works, then moves on and willing to adjust or change treatment as needed. She notices things I do not. She listens, her staff is great. Without her, we'd still have a miserable child who our pediatrician says is normal. She's amazing. I cannot say enough great things about her. I wish our pediatrician would listen half as much as Dr. Yuwono.
I was very dissapointed with Dr. Yuwono when she was caring for my baby with GERD. She was very stubborn and wouldn't listen to what I had to say. She was recommending invasive testing, versus a much simpler option that I kept asking for (switching meds). I found another dr. that listened to me and wrote my daughter a new prescription and it worked. I will not go back to a doctor who isn't willing to try less invasive options first.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Yuwono is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaleida Health System
Dr. Melawati Yuwono accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMary Bridge Childrens Health Center, 311 S L St, Tacoma, WA
Dr. Melawati Yuwono is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.