Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melchor E Madarang has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Melchor E Madarang has the following 8 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
Dr. Melchor E Madarang has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
My father went to see DR Madarang when he practiced in Elkton MD .. Told my Father he had a lot of mucus and his voice kept changing and then he couldn't breath right , My father died in Apr 2015 due to a Tumor on his Voicebox that kept growing in then cut his air way to nothing but a pin hole to breath from .. So be careful with this Doctor !!
He never looked at me or examined me. He didn't ask any questions and wouldn't let me talk. He didn't care why I was there. He looked at a paper and told me there's no way I could have what I have and laughed at me. Said there's no way because I'm not an athlete and I'm too young. Laughed again. Didn't want to know what was wrong and didn't care. Kept telling me to find a different doctor if I didn't like him. When I complained to him about his lack of care he ordered blood tests and xrays that I didn't need and told me to come back in 6 weeks. I was extremely offended. I also didn't get my problem addressed or t as Ken care of and I'm back where I started.
Dr. Madarang has been my doctor for over 10 years. He's a very knowledgeable physician with good bedside manner and lots of professionalism. I also like that he keeps all conversation on the health issue and not trying to be cute or super friendly by prying into personal things. I really don't understand how others can rate him low. I do know that he's hesitant at prescribing pain meds which to me, all doctors should be doing.
well i went to dr. madarang hoping he would help me and my problems i was having, but it seemed that his nurse or whoever she is that you see before him, was diagnosing me more thorough and communicating better with me than dr. madarang himself. I spent maybe 5 minutes with him and he answered most of the questions that he was asking me. Sent me on my way with a prescription that i didnt need and wont get filled, and no better off in my situation. So none the less, you can say i wont be seeing him again. waste of 2 hours
Seton Hall University
Dr. Melchor E Madarang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPremier Medical Associates, 1580 Santa Barbara Blvd Ste C, Lady Lake, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melchor E Madarang in this video.
Dr. Melchor E Madarang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lady Lake, FL.