Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melike Arslan MD
Dr. Melike Arslan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bremerton, WA, with other offices in Bremerton, WA and Medford, OR . She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Cardiology. She speaks English.
Dr. Melike Arslan has 3 locations
2709 Hemlock St
Bremerton, WA 98310
1698 E McAndrews Rd Ste 300
Medford, OR 97504
Book Online Now
Dr. Melike Arslan has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Melike Arslan has the following 5 expertise
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
Dr. Melike Arslan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
In good hands with Dr. Arslan
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melike Arslan - Posted on September 13th, 2017
April 2017 I had a heart attack. Dr. Arslan performed angioplasty, inserting a single stent. Her warm and cheerful demeanor before the surgery and after, was very reassuring during what was a very frightening time for me and my wife with me. As a cash payer, with an HCSM reimbursement membership, Dr. Arslan was very sympathetic to our financial limitations and even down to the post-operative prescriptions, directed me to the most affordable generic meds. She was real blessing to me as was her warm and friendly, yet professional surgery team.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melike Arslan - Posted on November 18th, 2016
14 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
University Of Michigan Hospitals And Health Centers
Dr. Melike Arslan Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Melike Arslan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bremerton, WA.