Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melinda R Allen DO
Dr. Melinda R Allen has 2 locations
100 Elmwood Ave
Ponca City, OK 74601
Dr. Melinda R Allen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Melinda R Allen has the following 34 expertise
- Panic Disorder
- Memory Disorders
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Metabolic Disorders
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Critical Care
- Urinary Incontinence
- Smoking Cessation
- Lyme Disease
- Weight Loss
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Heart Failure
- Mood Disorders
- Infectious Disease
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Melinda Allen DO
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melinda R Allen - Posted on January 30th, 2017
Dr Allen is the finest Dr. I have ever met or dealt with. While overseeing my Fathers hospice care she was kind, thoughtful and highly professional. The final weeks of his life were made the best anyone could hope for. When I was forced to move home to care for him, I myself was without a Dr. and she took me on so I could care for my dad without driving 300 miles to see my own Physician . This was a relief to myself and my family. God Bless her!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melinda R Allen - Posted on February 4th, 2013
VERY FULL OF HERSELF.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melinda R Allen - Posted on August 29th, 2012
professional and compassionate
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melinda R Allen - Posted on June 27th, 2011
Dr. Allen gives you her full attention and cares about the person. She is compassionate and attentive to your complaints and is willing to do her research, if needed. I have been failed by the medical profession more than once but she has restored my faith that there are really good doctors who do care about their patients.
i wouldnt advise anyone to go to here...but who am i
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melinda R Allen - Posted on November 5th, 2010
My great grandma had her for a doctor,only because she just moved to the area and was in the nursing home.dr allen wrote my grandma a script for a med she was allergic to and then when i called to get her an appointment because it was affecting her heart the office was very rude in telling me she wasnt even her patient!!!shes the doctor that wrote the script so that makes her responsible!!
20 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Melinda R Allen Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Melinda R Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ponca City, OK.