Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melinda J Poyer
Dr. Melinda J Poyer, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Rock Springs, WY, with another office in Rock Springs, WY. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Poyer is affiliated with Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County. Dr. Poyer has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Melinda J Poyer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 36
Her nurses are very rude. None of them listen to what your saying. Then have everything wrong. They will say" that's not what I told you " when I recorded it. Your refills on meds are always late. You run out. And they act like it's your fault. When you put in for them well ahead. Your pharmacy has to tax your meds multiple times. Her nurse is VERY RUDE!!! Ive never had a problem with any Dr. Before in my life. They don't listen to you and act like they truely don't care. Glad I'm gone!!!
Never saw Poyer, but her nurses told me to leave because of my attitude and rudeness. Right back at you! Read the chart correctly to you know the patient's name. Apologize if you get it wrong. Read the paperwork I had to submit instead of asking me EVERYTHING again, with an attitude, too. If you can't read what I wrote, let me see my own forms so I can tell you what you could not read. If you don't know the procedure I had, ask. Don't get grumpy at the patient with anxiety and depression because going to a doctor and talking to complete strangers to get help is a BIG DEAL for me, to say the least.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Poyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University College Of Dental Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Melinda J Poyer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Melinda J Poyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rock Springs, WY.