Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melinda L Silva has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Melinda L Silva has the following 11 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Melinda L Silva has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Melinda L Silva is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Silva has changed my life for the better. After beginning testosterone therapy all aspects of my life have improved.
Dr. Silva evaluated my condition and wish to loose 100 plus pounds in a safe manner. Being over 65 I as concerned about the impact of this loss to be both positive and negative to my system. After careful planning and various visits, I am now 100 lbs less and looking 10 years younger! She is truly unique as a MD and truly a gift to people as myself.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Silva is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMd Antiaging Clinic, 890 Eastlake Pkwy Ste 305, Chula Vista, CA
Dr. Melinda L Silva is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chula Vista, CA.