Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melinda S Walker has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I've been going to her since I was 16, when I ran into some feminine issues she began judging me and even today at 22 years old she is still rude prompting me that "IF YOU DON'T TAKE BIRTH CONTROL YOU CAN PREGNANT." worst doctor I have ever had and will never return . What a rude disrespectful judgmental person and should not be in her field.
My experience with Dr. Walker was disheartening to say the least. I have never experenced a more unprofessional bedside manner. She was rude, unfriendly and condescending. I'm a 37 year old professional female and if I spoke to people in the way in which she spoke to me I would no longer have a job. I have no idea how she still has a practice.
Please do not go to this women. I used to a patient of hers when I was younger. I saw her from the age I was 15 until I was 20. I did not know any better at the time, but her bedside manner is atrocious. When i went to get on birth control and gave her my sexual past. it was not much and i was in a relationship. She called the nurse in and ordered that a full std screening be ran, including an aids test. She then looked at me and said "if your tests come back negative and that's a big if". This all occurred while my feet were in the stirrups. For 3 weeks, I had problems sleeping and panic attacks until the results of my blood work came in 3 weeks later. There was no reason for this. She is a miserable horrible person that just happens to be a doctor.
I started going to Dr. Walker because my previous physician wouldn't really search out the reason for my problem. Instead, he would just prescribe medicine to cure the symptoms. I decided I wanted a physician who would look into why the problem existed and that is just what Dr. Walker did. Prior to going to her I hadn't had a complete physical in twenty years because it wasn't a requirement of the other physician. I felt like she really cared about my well being and I really appreciated that. If I need an appointment I seem to get in asap and understand that if I don't it is because the office is too busy. To me she was a God send.
Forest Park Hospital
Dr. Melinda S Walker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBelleville Family Medical Associates, 311 W Lincoln St Ste 200, Belleville, IL
Dr. Melinda S Walker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Belleville, IL.