Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melisa A Carmichael has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Melisa A Carmichael has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Melisa A Carmichael is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
My wife saw Melissa with my 2 1/2 year old daughter, Thursday. My daughter was running a fever. She informed us to call back Saturday if she still had a temperature , they would get her in on Saturday & run blood work. We called today, Saturday, since my daughter still has a fever & Were told by the most unpleasant nurses & receptionist that they were booked? Told her what dr told us Thursday, said nothing they could do. No apologies, nothing but major attitude. My wife asked for Monday apt was informed 1st come 1st served. Really? This makes no sense to me Dr Carmichael. Can you please get my daughter in like you promised you could? I am using this as a forum to reach out to you since the receptionist will not let us talk to you or get to a manager.
25 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1993
Childrens Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Melisa A Carmichael accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aultcare ExchangeProviders
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAkron Childrens Hospital Pediatrics, 701 White Pond Dr Ste 100, Akron, OH
Dr. Melisa A Carmichael is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.