Dr. Melissa Alsina Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Melissa Alsina?

Very uncaring

Posted on February 22nd, 2017

This Doctor has no empathy with her patients. Never returns calls. Seems like her patients are just a number for her and $ in her pocket for Chemo. My Mother passed away and not once after several calls has she returned the call. My Mother would be alive had she gone somewhere else.

Look for a caring doctor!

Posted on August 9th, 2016

What a cold fish! I saw her for multiple myeloma, which had been diagnosed at Sloan Kettering, she scheduled the chemo, and I never saw her again. After going through my first 2 weeks of chemo, I'm in my off week. This past weekend, I had a fever of 101, was achy, and basically felt like I had the flu. On Saturday morning, I emailed Dr. Alsino that I didn't feel well, and asked her if it could be from the chemo. As of Monday at 6:30 PM I hadn't heard from her, so I sent an email asking if she had gotten my email on Saturday. The reply was that she was out of town for 2 MONTHS & I should call the BMT office if I needed help. Such concern for her patients! She might be a great doctor (not in my mind), but she has absolutely no empathy for her patients.

Posted on March 28th, 2016

Negligent and uncaring- we really should have brought legal action against her, but we had bigger fish to fry in getting my husband's records transferred out to a facility that would properly monitor and treat his cancer. Luckily, we went elsewhere and THEY saved my husband's life.

Posted on August 21st, 2015

She works for a top of the line cancer center but seems to be lost in a quagmire. Her nurses are not responsive to email or vmail and she does not respond to email or vmail either - despite the promise at the intake appointment that they are "always" available. Unfortunately, this just is not true, and the false promise erodes patient confidence - needlessly.

Fantastic Doctor

Posted on February 16th, 2013

Extremely skilled and truly caring.

Most apathetic doctor I've ever come in contact with

Posted on August 16th, 2011

Worst experience with a doctor I have ever had. She expends absolutely no effort on the behalf of her patients. Most of her patients are quite ill yet getting her to follow up takes multiple calls that go unreturned and when she finally does have her nurse respond weeks and weeks later, valuable time has potentially passed when treatment may need to have been happening. I filed a formal complaint against this doctor for patient neglect and total lack of any quality in patient care. Do yourself a favor, and go find a doctor who really cares about you and about doing a good job for you because I can guarantee she does not.... I have never filed a formal complaint about a doctor nor have I ever bashed one on-line until her. Too bad I can't give her zero stars, they force you to give them at least one.

Posted on November 23rd, 2017