Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melissa F Baird has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Melissa F Baird has the following 15 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Dr. Melissa F Baird has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I too am shocked by the negative reviews. I saw 3 other physicians before Dr. Baird and all missed my diagnosis, ordered insufficient tests, and chose a treatment plan that was not appropriate. Things were critical when I saw Dr. Baird. Yes, she was direct about my status, but thank God she was. I found her to be friendly, humorous, supportive and easy to reach. She called me after hours to check on me. I had already been told by 2 physicians that I would die. Today I have no trace of cancer. I never minded any wait because I had all of her time and attention when it was my turn.
My dad began seeing Dr. Baird about 10yrs ago after receiving a very dismal prognosis from a doctor at Emory. She always did an excellent job of explaining his treatment in detail. Her bedside manner was excellent and she was always very encouraging which can add years to a life. I saw the negative reviews on here and felt compelled to defend her. She deserves better.
32 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Melissa F Baird accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melissa F Baird in this video.
Dr. Melissa F Baird is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anniston, AL.