Dr. Melissa Baird Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Melissa Baird?

Posted on March 21st, 2016

I'm anemic, my body is telling me that I need iron again! Can't remember my hematologist name, it's been awhile since I've had treatment! Do I need s referral to see you?

Great dr

Posted on February 22nd, 2016

Excellent Dr

I owe her my life

Posted on December 5th, 2013

I too am shocked by the negative reviews. I saw 3 other physicians before Dr. Baird and all missed my diagnosis, ordered insufficient tests, and chose a treatment plan that was not appropriate. Things were critical when I saw Dr. Baird. Yes, she was direct about my status, but thank God she was. I found her to be friendly, humorous, supportive and easy to reach. She called me after hours to check on me. I had already been told by 2 physicians that I would die. Today I have no trace of cancer. I never minded any wait because I had all of her time and attention when it was my turn.

Posted on October 8th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Baird for some time and am very surprised at the negative reviews on this site. Yes, the wait time may be lengthy, but Dr. Baird is caring, never seems rushed, and always has time for questions

The best Hematologist my dad has seen.

Posted on August 25th, 2013

My dad began seeing Dr. Baird about 10yrs ago after receiving a very dismal prognosis from a doctor at Emory. She always did an excellent job of explaining his treatment in detail. Her bedside manner was excellent and she was always very encouraging which can add years to a life. I saw the negative reviews on here and felt compelled to defend her. She deserves better.

She is sweet caring to your face

Posted on November 9th, 2012

but I too overheard her talking to her staff . she forgot I was in room and she was snotty about her patients, called them stupid 'cuuuuuutry' hicks and rednecks. She made fun of them. This hurt me really bad. I transferred to the Ft McClellan clinic. Love it there.

Posted on February 12th, 2012

HORRIBLE wait time.

Most caring doctor!

Posted on May 26th, 2011

Dr. Baird is a wonderful person and a great Doctor. Initially I was not sure about her, but after getting to know her I found that she is one of the most caring people I have ever seen. Dr. Baird is frank without being insensitive, which I think is crucial in her specialty. Would recommend Dr. Baird to anyone needing a hematologist/oncologist.

Posted on January 19th, 2011

She is a very understanding person, and always care for your well-being. Always listen, to what is bothering you, and does the best she can to help. She has even called me on Sunday to let me know what's going on with me, I really do like her, she's the best.

Hemophilia Doctor

Posted on December 14th, 2010

Dr.Baird is not a very nice doctor. Her staff said she was in clinic on the day I needed a script refill asap, they also said she would return my phone call. Seven hours later, still no call, called her academic offices and turns out she wasn't even in town that day! I definately DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS DOCTOR!! If you are in need of a hemotologist look elsewhere, her bedside manner is atrocious, and cold. As well as her promptness.

Posted on June 7th, 2016