Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Melissa S Cain
Dr. Melissa S Cain, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Porte, IN. She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Melissa S Cain has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Melissa S Cain has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Melissa S Cain has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 46
Dr. Cain takes care of not only my body and mind but most importantly my spirit. Responds to all questions (though I don't always listen to her advice), is pretty much on time of not( it's because she with someone who needs her), and she stays current on new treatments, therapies etc but has good knowledge of old. If you want a friend go join a play group of you want a Doctor see this compassionate young woman!
Dr. Cain was extremely unprofessional, both prior to and during my visit. I could clearly hear her complaining about her ex-husband to her medical staff outside the exam room while I continued to wait. Her appearance and choice of clothing were both unprofessional, as were her tone and mannerisms when interacting with me. I honestly do not know how it is possible for this person to have graduated from high school let alone medical school.
12 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Melissa S Cain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeacon Medical Group of Laporte, 900 I St, La Porte, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melissa S Cain, MD - Family Medicine in La Porte, IN, in this video.
Dr. Melissa S Cain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Porte, IN.