Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melissa G Young has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Melissa G Young has the following 15 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Melissa G Young is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
Dr. Young is a thorough and knowledgeable endo. I have a rare thyroid condition and she has made the management of it very easy. She works with your symptoms as well as labs, and her goal is to make you feel your best. I always recommend her when someone is looking for an endocrinologist. I never wait more than 5 minutes to see her!
Dr Young is very a friendly and caring doctor. She is very prompt. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes to see her. Every visit she reviews my lab results with me provides a printout at the end of your visit. She also reviews my blood sugar results every week and makes adjustments as needed. One of her qualities that I like about her is she gives encouragement in dealing with my condition .In my case its diabetes and it has really helped me. The office is very clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. I have recommended her to friends and family.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Young is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Philippine General Hospital
Dr. Melissa G Young accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMid Atlantic Diabetes & Endocrinology Associates LLC, 555 Iron Bridge Rd Ste 18, Freehold, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melissa G Young in this video.
Dr. Melissa G Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Freehold, NJ.