Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melissa A George has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Melissa A George has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Melissa A George is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
We have been under the care of Dr. George for 5 years now. My husband and I are in her office every four months for review of our blood work. We have moved from large cities with top-rated physicians yet we have never felt so well-cared for as we are with Dr. George. We enjoy her staff as well, well-mannered and personable young ladies. We are never rushed through an appointment.
Waited a few weeks for New Patient appointment, but it was worth it. Dr George spent ample time get to know me and my medical history and made feel really comfortable. Very little wait the next few times I saw her for follow up. Staff was funny and friendly. Sparse waiting room, but was clean.
Always get working in same day when I am sick, hardly ever have to wait. Nice friendly staff keep me company when I do have to wait. Dr. George is really competent, really well trained, and follows through will all the details. Office is very modern, utilizing email and texting (Although oldtimers like me aren't up to speed on all that yet).
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
15 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Melissa A George accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMelissa Anne George Md, 205 W Windcrest St Ste 360, Fredericksburg, TX
Dr. Melissa A George is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fredericksburg, TX.