Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melissa M Grier has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
This doctor is horrible. She was the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. She is so incompetent, condescending, and rude. She shouldn't call herself a doctor. She doesn't even know how to read an ultrasound properly. I relocated here from San Francisco and was in need of a new network of doctors. I went to visit her for a pain on my side. She did an ultrasound and told me that I had a 4 inch fibriod. At the time I had no idea what a fibriod was, but I kept asking her if she was sure it was that large and this idiot of a doctor kept responding with "Yes. It is a 4 inch fibriod. Do you understand what I am saying?" I was in tears. She said my fibriod was about the size of my fist. Then this idiot of a doctor recommended that I get some sort of shot to trick my body into a menopause state to shink the fibriod. Something didn't sound right with this "so called" doctor's assessment. After my appointment, I immediately called my amazing doctor that I use to see in San Francisco to discuss Dr. Grier's diagnosis. She asked me to request the complete write up of my visit from Dr. Grier's office. I sent the write up to my doctor is San Francisco and she called me back that same day to go over the write up. It turned out that my fibriod was only 4 centimeters in size. Not the 4 inches that Dr. Grier said repeatedly during our appointment. Note that 4 centimeters in size equates out to 1.5 inches. Which is a huge difference from Dr. Grier's measurement of 4 inches. Needless to say, my doctor in San Francisco confirmed Dr. Grier's incompetence and recommended that I change doctor's as soon as possible. Both my current amazing doctor and my doctor in San Francisco advised me not to ever get that menopause shot that Dr. Grier previously suggested. "Dr." Grier provided a horrible way to treat my fibriod. "Dr." Grier should not be practicing medicine because fibriods are so common in women and she couldn't read a simply measurement correctly on my ultrasound. Which is really disturbing to me.
Dr Grier is a wonderful compassionate knowledgeable Doctor. She listens to you, follows up and is there to answer any concerns. Her staff Natalie (nurse) Viviane in the front office are always willing to help. the only draw back is that Dr Grier sometimes has to go for an emergency delivery or she runs behind. I suggest a early appoint or later in the day and call to see if she is running behind. Otherwise She is a worth going to if you are just looking for a woman's Doctor
Dr. Grier has been exceptional for me and my fiance as we await our first child. Her knowledge, willingness to take time with us, and responsiveness for the few emergencies we've had (not during business hours) has been first class. Dr. Grier will definitely be our doctor for all of our future pregnancies.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Grier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Melissa M Grier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBellefontaine Acquisition Pc, 800 Fairmount Ave Ste 410A, Pasadena, CA
Dr. Melissa M Grier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.