Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melissa L Horner
Dr. Melissa L Horner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA, with another office in Monroeville, PA. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Horner is affiliated with Forbes Hospital and HealthSouth Hospital of Pittsburgh. Dr. Horner has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Melissa L Horner has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Melissa L Horner has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Melissa L Horner has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Melissa L Horner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I have multiple illnesses and Dr. Horner has been well knowledge, understanding, down to earth, compassionate, overall great doctor. I've been seeing her for atleast 2 years and visit her like 2-3 times every other month. She does not turn me down and I fully trust in her. I would refer her to everyone I know. She is the most honest doctor with a good sense of humor I ever met :-)
I was referred by the Nurse Practioner at Walgreen's Clinic. New to Pennsylvania with need for medical care, was very pleased with communication skills, time spent with me and organizing my care with other doctors and labs. Not yet in her care but feel confident in her abilities and those of her staff.
Dr. Horner moved from the Pittsburgh, PA area more than a year ago. She was the most caring, compassionate and informative doctor that I have gone to in my 60 years. Her expertise in diagnosing my husbands illness saved his life.She was always concerned for her patients in more ways than any other doctor that I have seen. Her treatments for both my husband and I were always superb and well received. I truly miss her and wish she were back here.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Horner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Melissa L Horner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Melissa L Horner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.