Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melissa Fischer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I come from a medical family (father MD, mother LPN, wife RN) and worked in hospitals for ~ 5 years while in school. I believe this enables me to unequivocalby rate Dr. Fischer as superior in all aspects of care. No where have I seen anyone as caring for their patients other than my father who practiced in a small rural community. Being a critics critic, I chose Dr. Fischer for her skill, professionalism, and commitment to the wellness of her patients. I have several friends who are also patients of hers and have never heard a disappointment with the care or attention they received.
Dr. Fischer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
20 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1993
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. Melissa Fischer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWhite Wilson Medical Center PA, 1005 Mar Walt Dr, Fort Walton Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melissa Fischer in this video.
Dr. Melissa Fischer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Walton Beach, FL.