Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melissa H Kannaday
Dr. Melissa H Kannaday, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Columbia, SC, with another office in Columbia, SC. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Melissa H Kannaday has 2 locations
2900 Sunset Blvd
West Columbia, SC 29169
125 Alpine Cir
Columbia, SC 29223
Book Online Now
Dr. Melissa H Kannaday has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Melissa H Kannaday has the following 11 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Melissa H Kannaday is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melissa H Kannaday - Posted on July 26th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melissa H Kannaday - Posted on July 2nd, 2018
A fair assessment.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melissa H Kannaday - Posted on April 29th, 2018
In my opinion, I feel extremely comfortable while taking with Dr. Kannanday. She makes good eye contact, and is easy to talk to, because she LISTENS. I feel Melissa helps a person develop through there problems at there own pace. And the advantage to this approach is; that while you talk about your problems out loud with someone who is genuinely interested, and unpack your thoughts. You often come to realize what it is in your life that is causing your psychosis. Along with her experience to facilitate your walk towards well being, she is above all, a good listener. And that might be the most important part of your visit. Aside from her medically, and scholarly sound point of view. She comes across as just another human with problems just like us all. No better off, or worse off. On a unrelated note, her smile is infectious.
11 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Melissa H Kannaday Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Melissa H Kannaday's office for more information.
2900 Sunset Blvd West Columbia, SC : (803) 796-9911
125 Alpine Cir Columbia, SC 29223
Locations & Directions
Dr. Melissa H Kannaday is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Columbia, SC.