Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Melissa Li-Ng has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Melissa Li-Ng has the following 16 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Weight Loss
Dr. Melissa Li-Ng has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 10
Dr. Li-Ng is extremely caring and competent. I started seeing her a number of years ago at Cleveland Clinic - Solon Family Health. She communicates and has helped me tremendously manage my type 1 diabetes. Recently, I had a serious surgery, and she visited me at the Clinic to make sure my recovery was progressing in a positive manner. She is an outstanding doctor in all areas of positive health care.
I went to my first appointment with Dr. Li-Ng earlier today. I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and she was one of the first Doctors who actually took the time to enlighten me on the disease along with the negative effects. She spent well over an hour of her time explaining to me what some might consider elementary facts but was good for me to know. She is also an extremely nice and appears to be a caring individual who has a great positive attitude. I strongly recommend her and I look forward to working with her as I handle this disease.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
15 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melissa Li-Ng, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Cleveland, OH, in this video.
Dr. Melissa Li-Ng is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.