More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melissa R Manalo has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Melissa R Manalo has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 14
Took my kids here the first appointment was fine I even tolerate personal questions since I thought she was nice and came from same country. 2nd time I see her to bring my preemie for the first time, I inform the office ahead of time set up an appointment with them, they asked about insurance info and I told them same information as my daughter who I brought to them few weeks ago, the office staff said okay bring him this such date. I arrived 15 mins early before 2pm appointment and it's already past 2pm the door still closed, there are 3 of us have 2pm appointment. When we get in she called one lady who has same appointment of 2 pm by her last name to bring her child in, I had to sign in and the office staff just started getting insurance info, calling my insurance verifying that day that they supposed to do ahead of time, I waited and waited almost over an hour, more people came the room is already full some kids are coughing and my preemie hasn't even called yet. I tried to speak with her nicely despite my husband getting frustrated because our 1 year old daughter was crying her head off . She got mad and told me if I could not wait any longer I should just look for different doctor, not apologetic at all for the over an hour wait and only God knows how much longer, if I did not try to speak with her, she blame me about the insurance that her staff job to verify ahead of time. Then I realized that her older sister is one of her office staff doing that job verifying insurance. So at that point I just want to cry when she said if you don't want the wait look for other doctor, this is not red carpet thing. I expect a wait up to 30 mins but over an hour and not even called yet , that wait is way too much. she seen my son very quick, we supposed to have follow up. I did not go back after that incident, it really hurts to be treated that way by the doctor you thought will be caring and you can trust. Because after all I came to her and give her my trust taking care my kids.
i had this doctor for my kids for more than 5 years already.i should say she is a caring doctor since she follows up whenever my kids are sick.she would really call you back when you need to talk to her.there is a long line specially when its winter but she finds time to see everybody.long wait is worth it!
31 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Charles R Drew University
Dr. Melissa R Manalo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMelissa Rillo Manalo Md, 3400 W Ball Rd Ste 210, Anaheim, CA
Dr. Melissa R Manalo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anaheim, CA.