Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melissa C Parker has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Parker is an excellent, caring woman's doctor who is passionate about her patient's health and well being. She makes you feel at ease and SPECIAL with her beautiful personality. Her staff is as could as you can get. Her diagnoses have been spot on in every way. Highly recommend this brilliant doctor.
I have seen Dr. Parker twice now. Both times I waited 2 hours to be seen. This was for standard OB appointments. Dr. Parker was very aloof toward me and when I mentioned some of the concerns I had about this pregnancy, her responses were curt and not very thoughtful. Honestly, I am new to this practice and after my experiences with the extremely long wait times and Dr. Parker's unprofessionalism I have decided to find another practice to deliver my baby. I just have a bad feeling about sticking with them.
Had three miscarriages, Dr. Parker never did an ultrasound or any extra tests to determine why. After being on clo-med for a few years, I went somewhere else for a second opinion. Ovarian cancer was the diagnosis, and this doctor was very surprised that no extra test were coducted and no ultrasound. Beware.
It is STANDARD protocol in our office and for myself that all patients with TWO miscarriages have a "Recurrent Miscarriage Work up". This has always included extensive bloodwork as well as an imaging option to evaluate the anatomy. In addition, my personal policy has always been to limit clomid use to three to four months maximum at which time if not pregnant the patient is strongly encouraged to see infertility specialists. The above comments do not in anyway reflect the standards set in place for myself nor my office and hence I felt obligated to respond to them.
Dr. Parker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Melissa C Parker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRoswell Ob/Gyn Llc, 11975 Morris Rd Ste 200, Alpharetta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melissa C Parker in this video.
Dr. Melissa C Parker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alpharetta, GA.