Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melissa S Richardson DO
Dr. Melissa S Richardson has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Melissa S Richardson has the following 4 expertise
- Colorectal Surgery
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melissa S Richardson - Posted on September 21st, 2018
When I first met Melissa Richardson at my consultation, she seemed like a perfectly capable surgeon for performing a simple outpatient procedure. I could not have been more wrong. When I had complications following my surgery she was completely cold hearted, non empathetic, and unhelpful. She spent almost no time with me and during follow up appointments, did not explain things well, and made me feel as if the complications were my fault. To top it off, afterward, when I saw two other surgeons, they both told me that the wrong procedure/method was performed and that that was the cause of my post surgical complications. Incredibly frustrating and upsetting experience.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melissa S Richardson - Posted on June 2nd, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melissa S Richardson - Posted on May 17th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melissa S Richardson - Posted on October 26th, 2016
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Melissa S Richardson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Melissa S Richardson
Dr. Richardson performs General Surgery, Laparoscopic General Surgery and Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery. She is a Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons. PHILADELPHIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE medical school BOTSFORD HOSPITAL internship BOTSFORD HOSPITAL (General Surgery) residency
Locations & DirectionsMINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGICAL ASSOCIATES, 1540 Lake Lansing Rd Ste 104, Lansing, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melissa S Richardson, DO - Surgery in Lansing, MI, in this video.
Dr. Melissa S Richardson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lansing, MI.