Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melissa M Toner has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
I changed doctors after my Dad passed away a because my whole family sees another dr in that facility. I would like to change back to her. I was with when she as at caraway hospital. I have talked with her to see if you would take me back. She knows all my history even my daughters and now my daughter is 33 years old. I love Dr Tonier. And hope she would reconsider me as her patient again. Only changed due my whole family went to this doctor including y Dad that passed away 2 years ago. Haven't been satisfied since I left her as My doctor. I have been told they don't let you change back but I hoping she will M ake an exception.
I've been a patient of Dr. Toner since 2009. My sister recommended her to me. I liked her personality right away, but I also appreciated her gentle and knowing way of treating patients. Without nagging or trying to place blame, she let's you know if you're doing something which is adversely affecting your health. :-) I highly recommend Dr. Toner.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Toner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Melissa M Toner accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSaint Vincents Gardendale Clinic Llc, 2217 Decatur Hwy Ste 101, Gardendale, AL
Dr. Melissa M Toner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gardendale, AL.