Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melissa J Urrea has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Melissa J Urrea has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Melissa J Urrea has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Melissa J Urrea is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 7
When I first started using Dr. Urrea in 2008 as my primary physician it was a full staff medical facility. I could call and get an appointment right away and when you went for the appointment she allowed plenty of time to do a complete work up and physical exam more recent her husband is the receptionist and there is no nurse to do vitals etc. The last time I was there an older gentlemen did it I'm not sure but I think it may have been a relative. I like Dr. Urrea as a person and as a doctor I am not sure if it is because of the economy as for cut backs but to me when I first started there is was much more poffesional.
Dr. Urrea is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1999
Mc Lennan Co Med Ed Res Fn
Dr. Melissa J Urrea accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Melissa J Urrea is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leander, TX.