Dr. Melissa Weinstein Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Melissa Weinstein?

Very Uncomfortable

We went in with our surrogate and she commented on us being "just like a real family." Then she made fun of her nurses weight when she left the room. Was very uncomfortable with her attitude and she seemed to be angry at the world. Will not be going back.

Awful person, terrible doctor

Was very rude and inappropriate, very judgmental. Made crude abortion joke to my Catholic girlfriend. Also, kept asking why we weren't married. Had some issue with staff and berated them in front of us. Totally unprofessional, would never recommend her.

Not impressed at all. Left the office on the verge of tears, after being told that I'm pre-menopausal. Apparently, different labs have different readings. Instead of being told that I have a low ovarian reserve, I was given the impression that my only choice would be IVF. Maybe this is the case, but it would have been nice to have more than 5 minutes during which my results were adequately explained to me in laymen terms. Instead, during each of my two appointments, I was left sitting in the office for around 30+ minutes, only to be spoken to for a maximum of 5 minutes by Dr. Weinstein. Further, I had results from one exam and she instead told me about my results from 3 years ago, rather than updating me with the more positive result, which indicated that there appeared to be an improvement. I have the impression that she grabs the file on her entry into the room, reads it quickly, spouts out the bad news, and carries onto her next $200 visit for another 5 minutes. Instead of feeling supported (as one would naively expect from a female doctor), I cried my hour drive home. Zero explanation. Zero sympathy. I am reminded of why I generally steer clear of mainstream medicine and prefer alternative, homeopathic options to doctors who have zero time for their patients who pay $200 per 5 minute visit. I clearly made a mistake when I pursued my Master's degree and set off in humanitarian work. I could have been a doctor paid at $200 per 5 minutes. Not too shabby. Won't be back. (The office staff are exceptionally friendly, however.)

Dr. Weinstein herself is very friendly and makes you feel comfortable. However her lack of kind and friendly staff make continuing with her practice impossible. They book you and have to wait close to an hour on average. I know things come up, that's for sure. However I ended my relationship with this dr due to her inability to keep appointments. After 3 months in a row of having my appointments cancelled, I decided my care needed attention that could be obtained. Unfortunately the kindness she expresses in the exam room does not extend past those doors. A better office flow might help greatly.