Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melody Akhavan MD
Dr. Melody Akhavan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Great Falls, VA, with another office in Great Falls, VA. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Anesthesiology. She speaks English.
Dr. Melody Akhavan has 2 locations
Dr. Melody Akhavan has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Melody Akhavan has the following 1 expertise
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melody Akhavan - Posted on July 10th, 2014
Dr. Akhavan was so patient with me as I was a nervous wreck before my surgery. She spent time expelling what to expect with the anesthesia and also after. Great bedside manner. I also had a great experience with the anesthesia, no nausea after and I don't remember a thing from the surgery. So glad to have had her as my anesthesiologist!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Melody Akhavan - Posted on February 13th, 2010
16 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Melody Akhavan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Melody Akhavan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Great Falls, VA.