Dr. Melville H Hughes Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Melville H Hughes?

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH DR. HUGHES

This is the first time I've ever felt the absolute need to write a review, and not for a good reason. I saw Dr. Hughes about a month ago to receive a cortisone injection in an acne cyst I had on my forehead. First of all, I've gotten cortisone before, and he injected WAY too much. I had a huge lump on my head afterwards from all of the fluid that was just pumped into my face and that's never happened to me with successful cortisone injections in the past. Second of all, HE INJECTED THE WRONG SPOT. When I realized this and told him, he simply denied it. Then I pointed at where he injected vs where the bump was and he tried to make up the excuse that I had more than one bump in that area and he just injected a different one, WHICH WAS SO BEYOND FALSE. I ONLY HAD ONE BUMP AND ITS LOCATION WAS VERY OBVIOUS. He clearly just didn't want to admit to being wrong, so he completely made up a rationale to save his own skin - so incredibly inconsiderate and unsettling. Then, he injected another syringe-full of cortisone into the correct spot, again way too much. I left in hysterics knowing that the risk of atrophy probably had just tripled after that visit. I was right. The bump went down but after a week an indent began forming. It's been a month and the indent has only gotten progressively worse. I now need to find another experienced dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon to get fillers in the area so I don't look like a complete freak. I'm so devastated with my result and with his lack of expertise. If I could give him and my overall experience negative stars, I would.

I took my younger daughter, didnt resolve the problem , Prescribed a cream nothing worked,

Refreshing change from Old Locals

Dr. Hughes and his staff are professional and courteous. I felt he was knowledgeable regarding my condition and treated it appropriately. He has also been great with my teens in treating their acne using prescription medication when needed and OTC if available and appropriate or equally effective. The doctor is aware of costs to patient and will supply samples and/or discount cards from manufacturers. I find him much more personable and caring than other local dermatologists.

Dr. Hughes has been my son's dermatoligist for many years. As a person of color it was hard getting the adequate diagnosis and proper treatmnet . Dr. Hughes was able to adequately and correctly provide the correct diagnosis after we had gone to many other dermatologist.

Took care of my problem. Appears very knowledgeable. Easy to speak to. Have recommended him to other members of my family.