Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melvin J Breite has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Melvin J Breite has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Melvin J Breite has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Melvin J Breite is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Breite has been my primary care physician for ten years now. There's a reason for that. Several in fact. First and foremost it is evident that this is a man who cares deeply about medicine and by extension his patients. He's astute, knows medicine thoroughly, and is a friendly man with a polite and positive disposition. Dr. Breite diagnosed a bicuspid aortic valve in my heart, catching it with his stethoscope, which is not a condition one normally tests for in general checkups. An echo-cardiogram confirmed it. He also put me to ease when some knucklehead residents in the ER insisted that I get a serious test done for a neurological disorder that they believed I had (with only a 1 in 3000 chance of developing cancer from the test) when he overruled their diagnosis. It was dehydration coupled with exhaustion from over-exerting myself on a hot day. Mary, his secretary, is always on point as well. I never have a problem getting referrals for other specialists that I have to see, or with scheduling or re-scheduling appointments. Highly recommended.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
58 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1960
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Melvin J Breite accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNyhmcq Bayside Family Center, 2391 Bell Blvd Ste 201, Bayside, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melvin J Breite in this video.
Dr. Melvin J Breite is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bayside, NY.