Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melvin D Gossman has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Eye Exam
- Vision Issues
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
Showing 5 of 6
I was asked to arrive 15 min pre-appointment, and did not see the doctor until an hour after my scheduled appointment time. The doctor gave me his pamphlet to read and then went over it with me. His staff (aside from the woman at the front desk) was rude and offensive; and Gossman seemed to only want to push me towards cosmetic surgery - for which I had no interest. Do not waste your time and money here. They do not care about patients.
42 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1976
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Melvin D Gossman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMelvin Douglas Gossman Md, 2302 Hurstbourne Village Dr Ste 700, Louisville, KY
Dr. Melvin D Gossman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.