Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melvin Lewis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Lewis is the best dr. That I have ever had . He is a good country dr that will take the time to listen to you and all your aches and pains . He takes the time to care for you as an individual an he truly cares for you as a patient and as a person . He is a very good and wonderful dr. And Christian man he takes the word doctor and brings back the one on one caring for each patient. If for some reason he can't find what is wrong or thinks another doctor can better treat you for your ailments he will make sure you find the best in that field he has always helped me and that means so much to me as a person and patient.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lewis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne Medical Center
Marshall Medical Center
39 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
St Francis Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions110 Freeman Dr, Lewisburg, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melvin Lewis in this video.
Dr. Melvin Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewisburg, TN.