Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melvin D Medlock Jr has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Melvin D Medlock Jr has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Melvin D Medlock Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
After my hernia mesh surgery I had pain around an incision. My original surgeon told me repeatedly I healed fine and nothing was wrong. Dr Medlock was open to my opinions on what I felt was wrong and he explained clearly some options other than surgery. As no progress came of local anesthetic injections and waiting to see if symptoms improved, I was scheduled for surgery in the same week as my appointment. Surgery went very smoothly and he has tremendously improved my quality of life. He found a nerve that was trapped in scar tissue. I'm only 3 days out from surgery but that constant pain is gone. Just recovering from surgery. One medium incision and some steri strips covering it. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing someone to believe you when no one else will.
32 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Melvin D Medlock Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMelvin Dubose Medlock Jr Md, 89 Hospital Dr, Brevard, NC
Dr. Melvin D Medlock Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brevard, NC.