Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melvin L Parnell Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
Showing 5 of 23
I was displeased with this doctor as he was condescending and seemed to be trying to impress his resident with snarky remarks during my visit. The resident chuckled when I had to bend over during the physical exam and I felt like I was being looked at in an inappropriate way. Overall, I was not impressed with the doctor 's attitude or approach to my care. Hopefully other patients will have better experiences.
he treated me for about 3 months. I would get better, then regress back to having pain. he said to call him after he gave me a shot and tell him how i was doing. i did call him and reported that i was in a lot of pain. the nurse called me once to see what was going on. she said someone would call me back. no one ever called me back. i rate dr. parnell very poorlyl. now i have to see another doctor
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Melvin L Parnell Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsCrescent City Orthopedics And Physical Therapy, 3600 Houma Blvd, Metairie, LA
Dr. Melvin L Parnell Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Metairie, LA.