Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melvin A Yeshnik has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Melvin A Yeshnik has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Melvin A Yeshnik has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Melvin A Yeshnik is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
I had a terrible experience with Dr. Yeshnik when delivering my first child. I was pressured into an induction just days after my due date and then told I needed a C-section just a few hours into active labor. Both myself and the baby were doing well and tolerating labor but time was not offered to me. After my C-section the nurses made a comment that he was off the weekend and that's why I wasn't allowed the time to labor naturally. He stole from me something that can never be returned.
Appointment was easy to make and actually got an actual person answering the phone who was very helpful. Was recommended by a friend and I absolutely feel Dr. Yeshnik was one of the best Doctors I've encountered. I was able to get an appointment within a week of my call. . I was able to speak with Dr. Yeshnik first before my exam and got to speak with him in his office. I had a lot of questions and all of them were answered. I wasn't rushed. After my visit, I got home and realized I forgot to mention a few things and he returned my call before the end of the day. The staff was super helpful and very friendly. Convenient location.
I loved Dr. Yeshnik in office for visits during my pregnancy. I never had to wait for an appointment more than 5-10 minutes and his office staff is absolutely wonderful. I will say that I was pressured to have a cesarean section from the very beginning of my pregnancy, and my opinion of Dr. Y definitely changed when I was laboring. Dr. Yeshnik was very impatient with me and wanted me to produce a baby within a few hours of being induced- not what is natural for a woman's body. He became rude and short with me when I declined to have an unnecessary C section. For this reason, I will not be returning to his practice for future visits & pregnancies. He is a great surgeon- not a great advocate for natural births.
Dr. Yeshnik, is by far the best GYN I've ever had. He takes his time, listens to any concerns you may have, and makes you feel comfortable. The staff is so wonderful and nice, it's so refreshing to see happy faces greet you and make you feel like your important, so friendly! There's a ease of appointments, and EVERYTIME I had an appointment I waited no longer than 5 mins to go to a room. 100% happy!!!!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Melvin A Yeshnik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Melvin A Yeshnik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westminster, MD.