Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melvyn J Lapes MD
Dr. Melvyn J Lapes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fredericksburg, VA, with other offices in Chattanooga, TN and Atlanta, GA . He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology and Oncology. He speaks English.
Dr. Melvyn J Lapes has 3 locations
4501 Empire Ct
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
7425 Ziegler Rd
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Book Online Now
Dr. Melvyn J Lapes has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Dr. Melvyn J Lapes has the following 13 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Disorders
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
49 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Melvyn J Lapes Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Melvyn J Lapes's office for more information.
4501 Empire Ct Fredericksburg, VA : (540) 371-0079
7425 Ziegler Rd Chattanooga, TN 37421
17 Executive Park Dr NE Atlanta, GA : (678) 242-8382
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melvyn J Lapes, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Fredericksburg, VA, in this video.
Dr. Melvyn J Lapes is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fredericksburg, VA.